The Electronics Engineer is a skilled professional with a strong electronic engineer background and who is specialized as a hardware engineer in embedded systems. As Electronics Engineer you work in a multidisciplinary team at our R&D department on the development of digital and analog electronics for our vehicle telematics system and other IoT applications.
You design, implement and test hardware and firmware for (embedded) systems, which are characterized by a mix of GNSS, GPRS, and a wide variety of sensors. You are responsible for defining, designing, preparing and realizing prototypes and then making the systems production-ready. Where necessary, you create the required test environment in software. In addition to design and development, you are involved in drawing up test plans and performing tests according to applicable guidelines and specifications.
You report directly to the CEO.
- Work with other developers and project managers to enhance and improve the existing hardware;
- Handle continued testing, maintenance, and updates;
- Design, develop, test, debug and document new features;
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing firmware;
- Cooperate with other teams like Business Development;
- Provide the Management Team with input and feedback in order to fuel product development and innovation.
To be tested
- General Skills
- Intelligence (IQ)
You have a broad interest in technology and that is shown by education, experience and hobby. You have specific interest in digital hardware, efficiënt small and low-budget PCB design, STM32 microcontrollers and hardware software interfacing. You like to work independently within a project team in an informal environment where R&D is the most important aspect of business. Given the nature of the job you are punctual and you work very precisely.
You will have to meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent practical experience in Electrical Engineering or Embedded System Engineering;
- Min. 3 years experience as a hardware engineer / embedded system engineer;
- Experience in PCB design (schematic, PCB layout & testing) preferably using Altium PCB design software
- Experience with STM32 microcontrollers or similar MCU’s
- Experience with GNSS, GPRS and BLE
- Experience with various digital interfaces (I2C, UART, USB, MCI, etc.);
- Experience with efficiënt PCB design, cost reduction and IoT
- Experience in C / C ++ is a plus;
- Fluent in English and good communication skills (for internal communication)
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
We believe that the most important aspect of a job is being excited about it, having growth opportunities and working in a team you really like. Aside from all this, you will find:
- A challenging job in a fast-growing company
- A proven portfolio of products and solutions to sell in a growing market
- Both freedom and responsibility
- The tools and financials to build a company
- An attractive salary
- Remote working is OK
- …and everything else you need to succeed!
5 years of experience