Please note: this is not a remote job. Remote working is OK, but applicants should be able to work on our HQ for at least 50% of the time.
The Embedded Software Engineer is a skilled professional who is specialized as a software engineer in embedded systems. As an Embedded Software Engineer you'll become fully responsible for the core device of our technology; the FleetGO Cubiq telematics device (for specs, see our website).
You'll manage the entire process from start to end in designing and implementing changes to our firmware. You'll work together with a team of Cloud Developers to streamline the integration between our hardware and platform through our API's. You work together with a hardware testing team of two people. You work together with an external hardware design agency or implement hardware changes yourself in Altium.
It's a challenging job where you use a lot of different technologies like M2M communication, characterized by a mix of GNSS, 4G LTE (Cat M1), industry interfaces like CAN-bus, FMS, RS232, and a wide variety of sensors.
You are responsible for the creation and testing of prototypes and making the systems production-ready. Where necessary, you create the required test environment in the software. In addition to design and development, you are involved in drawing up test plans and performing tests according to applicable guidelines and specifications.
- Manage and lead hardware design process from start to end (...which is never ;));
- Work with other developers and project managers to enhance and improve the existing hardware;
- Handle continued testing, maintenance, and updates;
- Design, develop, test, debug and document new features;
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing firmware;
- Cooperate with other teams like Business Development.
You have a broad interest in technology and that is shown by education, experience and hobby. You have specific interest in digital hardware, efficiënt (small) PCB design, STM32 microcontrollers and hardware-software interfacings like CAN-bus, RS232, digital IO's and 1-wire. You like to work independently within a project team in an informal environment where R&D is the most important aspect of the business. Given the nature of the job you are punctual and you work very precisely.
You will have to meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor degree;
- Min. 5 years of experience as an embedded software engineer in C / C++
- Experience with Keil uVision + Keil MDK
- Experience with STM32 microcontrollers or similar MCU’s
- Experience with IoT
- Experience with GNSS, GPRS and BLE
- Experience with various digital interfaces (I2C, UART, USB, MCI, etc.);
- Experience with efficiënt PCB design, cost reduction and IoT
- Fluent in Dutch
- Fluent in English
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
We believe that the most important aspect of a job is being excited about it, having growth opportunities and working in a team you really like. Aside from all this, you will find:
- A challenging job in a fast-growing company
- A proven portfolio of products and solutions to sell in a growing market
- Both freedom and responsibility
- The tools and financials to build a company
- An attractive salary
- Remote working is OK (but we like to see you regularly)
- …and everything else you need to succeed!
5 years of experience