FleetGO is driven by technology and to provide a true end-to-end solution, we manufacture our own telematics hardware devices. Back in 2018, we’ve introduced the latest versions of The CubiQ; a modular hardware platform for both light and heavy vehicles.
Developing our own hardware gives us significant advantages over other, off the shelve, hardware by wholesale manufacturers. Next to a 100% seamless integration in our cloud platform, it means that we are in full control of the features, quality, and components we use. It also means that we don’t have any vendor lock-in. With our own hardware and development roadmap, we can deliver a truly unique set of features and components, designed for its tasks.
High-end security features
Modern vehicles are getting smarter and smarter every day. It helps us work smarter, more efficient and opens up new possibilities. But with all technology of today, security becomes more and more important. That’s why security was one of the main reasons for us to develop our own hardware.
The CubiQ was designed with security as one of the primary design features:
Secure back-end link
The CubiQ uses Transport Layer Security (TLS 1.2) with a 2048-bit certificate for server authentication and AES256 data encryption to secure the back-end connection. Additionally, a private APN with IP-sec secured VPN-tunnels are used to connect our devices over the telecom network to our cloud.
Firmware is signed with a 2048-bit certificate which is securely stored in the cloud protected by several AWS security measures. Firmware is downloaded to the device using the secure back-end link.
Firmware is encrypted with AES256 using a secret key stored in the device bootloader.
SMS-commands are signed with HMAC-SHA256 using a secret per-device key which is dynamically deployed to the device over the secure back-end link. This secret key is periodically replaced by a new key.
Device ROM and bootloader protection
The bootloader and firmware ROM are secured with special hardware protection options provided by the used components.
Read more about our security here.
Another fundamental feature of our hardware is that we’ve invested a lot in standardizing the installation. We’ve developed a range of pre-fabricated wiring harnesses to cope with a wide variety of vehicles and setups. With this, we take away the burden of a complex and expensive installation.
It’s almost as easy as plug & play.
General specs & features
- Processor architecture: ARM Cortex-M3
- GNSS: GPS/ GLONASS/ Galileo/ BeiDou/ QZSS + Assisted GPS
- Network: 2G + 4G, quad band, LTE Cat. M1 / EGPRS
- Security by design
- RSA 2048-bit firmware signing
- 2048-bit back-end server authentication
- SMS command “signing” with HMAC-SHA256
- SSL AES-256 encrypted back-end connection
- Private APN with IPsec secured VPN
- Over the air firmware updates and custom configurations
- Advanced telematics functions
- 4 x CAN-bus interface, supported protocols and functions:
- J1939 suite: J1939-21, J1939-71, J1939-73 & J1939-81
- ISO14229 UDS, ISO15765
- FMS 3.0
- Light vehicles proprietary signals
- Special diagnostics functions: OBD-II/UDS/J1939-73
- Special tachograph functions: ISO16844 , EU Reg. 2016-799 & Reg. 2018-502
- Possibility for J2534 API through cloud
- And more …
- 2 x digital IN, 3 x digital OUT
- 1-wire interface
- Mini-USB 2.0
- Status LED’s
- RS-232 interface
- 8GB data storage (+/- 16.000.000 records)
- Fakra antenna connectors
- Power consumption (at 12V): <2 mA sleep, 60 mA normal operation, 800 mA peak (GSM burst)
- Voltage range: 8 – 36 volt
- Operating temperature range: -25 °C to +55 °C
- Several deep sleep modes
- 850mAh internal LiPo battery
- Certification: Regulation 10 (ECE R10)